The Academy awards the Education Prize to emphasise and encourage quality in Dutch education. Science and scholarship depend on inspired teaching, both now and in the future.
The Education Prize is awarded annually to the twelve best subject cluster projects by Dutch secondary school pupils (pre-university level). The winning pupils will receive a bursary worth 1,500 euros for their first year of study at a Dutch university or university of applied sciences and an Academy certificate. The teachers who have supervised the winning pupils will be offered a group cultural trip. The relevant schools will receive an Academy plaque.
The Education Prize is the Academy’s gift to Dutch education. It was established in 2008 to mark the two hundredth anniversary of the Academy’s founding. See the(Dutch only) for more information about submissions, the assessment process, and practical matters.
- Akhmanova, Prof. dr. A.S. (Anna)
- Gerards, Prof. mr. J.H. (Janneke)
- Reek, Prof. dr. J.N.H. (Joost)
- Witteloostuijn, Prof. dr. A. van (Arjen)
- Bont, Dr. R.F.J. De (Raf)
- Bras, Prof. dr. H.A.J. (Hilde)
- Jong, Prof. dr. I.J.F. de (Irene)
- Kamperman, Dr. M.M.G. (Marleen)
- Putten, Prof. dr. ir. W.H. van der (Wim)
- Scholten van Aschat, Dhr. G. (Gijs)
- Vis, Prof. dr. B. (Barbara)
- Wees, Prof. dr. ir. B.J. van (Bart)
- Westrenen, Prof. dr. W. van (Wim)
- Wilde, Prof. dr. A.A.M. (Arthur)
- Zeeuw, Prof. dr. C.I. de (Chris)