Scientists and scholars who have organised previous Academy Colloquia have this to say:
- Academy Colloquium ‘Late Medieval Manuscript Miscellanies’ (1-3 October 2014). Participation in the Academy Colloquium funding scheme offered my co-organizers and me the opportunity to organize an international congress on a relatively understudied theme in medieval history and literature: the production and the use of personal text collections in the form of manuscript miscellanies. The Academy offered not only a wonderful location in the centre of Amsterdam and an inspiring congress venue, but also a perfect ambiance for a true and lively exchange of research experiences, approaches and methodologies. And it definitely helped to raise the bar! The papers presented during the three-day meeting will form the backbone for an edited volume that will be hopefully reflect the high quality and the challenging character of the presentations.
(Dr Sabrina Corbellini, University of Groningen)
- 'Our colloquium was a top-flight meeting of the most brilliant scientists in our field. The Academy’s help in organising it was excellent and I cannot imagine a form of knowledge-sharing to match it in terms of efficiency.'
- 'The added value of an Academy Colloquium is its small scale and the fact that the participants have the chance to really interact.'
- 'Academy Colloquia give us the chance to explore a specific and relevant subject in-depth. The Trippenhuis Building emphasises the special nature of the colloquium.'
- 'The most prominent researchers in our field attended the colloquium and were very enthusiastic about the programme and fantastic location. The colloquium led to various new international partnerships and networks.'