The international Heineken Prizes, worth $ 200,000 each, reward outstanding achievement in the fields of:
They are intended explicitly for scientists and scholars who are currently active in their field and whose research still holds considerable promise for future innovative discoveries. International juries will select the winners.
These prizes are offered by the Dr H.P. Heineken Foundation and the Alfred Heineken Fondsen Foundation. The selection of the prizes is entrusted by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences.
2016 Heineken Prizes Laureates
The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) has awarded the 2016 Heineken Prizes to:
- biochemist Jennifer Doudna (University of California)
- biologist Stephen (Steve) Jackson (University of Cambridge)
- ecologist Georgina Mace (University College London)
- historian Judith Herrin (King’s College London)
- psychologist Elizabeth Spelke (Harvard University)