At the final conference of the Citizenship 3.0 project, leading scholars will discuss how to conceptualise and investigate various forms of self-organisation, participation and governance by citizens. The conference will bring together experts from different disciplines and interested citizens.
This final conference will explore the fundamental implications of the change from a representative democracy towards new forms of cooperation, democracy and governance with entirely different contours and dynamics.
The aim of the conference is to discuss the development of self-organisation by citizens, political participation and participatory governance as tools to investigate new roles for citizens and governments.
Speakers include (in alphabetical order):
- Rudy Andeweg, Leiden University
- Jan van Deth, Mannheim University
- Mark Franklin, MIT
- Henk Kummeling, Utrecht University/Electoral Council
- Tine De Moor, Utrecht University
- Maarten Prak, Utrecht University
- Imrat Verhoeven, University of Amsterdam