In the masterclass, students can discuss their own PhD-project with two or three experts from the Academy Colloquium. Moreover, there will be a plenary session in which the experts reflect on the current themes and their specific perspective on research in the field of diversity and social integration.
The master class will be divided into three subthemes:
- A social identity approach to diversity and integration (Marilynn Brewer, Rupert Brown, Sabine Otten)
- Diversity and integration at work (Yves Guillaume, Paul Paulus, Karen van der Zee)
- Diversity, integration and multilingualism (Veronica Bennet-Martinez, Jan-Marc Dewaele, Jan-Pieter van Oudenhoven)
We are striving to form subgroups with 5 PhD-students, each. In case a PhD-student feels affinity with two of the themes, (s)he may indicate this on the subscription form.
Participants in the master class will be a selected group of PhD students with dissertation projects related to diversity and integration. Students are selected for participation on the basis of
- a completed registration form
- a short summary of their dissertation project (800-1500 words)
- a recent (short) CV.
Deadline for submitting applications is 19 April 2013. The maximum number of participants is 15. Inclusion decisions will be communicated before 3 May 2013.
Participation fee for the master class will be 75 euro.